Try Situm in 4 steps.
Configure your account #
Access Situm’s Dashboard, create your buildings and upload their plans, georeferencing them according to their actual location, size and orientation.
- Create a building and upload the floorplans
- Create POIS (users will be able to search them & see them on the map).
- Create geofences where you may trigger pop-up messages.
- Create paths to configure the navigable space and compute routes along them.
Situm uses two types of signals as infrastructure: WiFi and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- WiFi. Android can use WiFi signals. Your existing building infrastructure should be enough.
- BLE. Both Android & iOS can use BLE signals. We recommend to deploy BLE beacons to provide a good wayfinding experience in Android & iOS.
- Additionally, make sure your device has all the required sensors.
Calibrate and positioning #
To configure indoor positioning in your venue:
1. Download Situm Mapping Tool
2. Calibrate your venue by gathering the WiFi/BLE signals.
3. Test positioning
Try Wayfinding! #
In Situm Mapping Tool:
- Select a POI from the search bar
- Start positioning
- Click on the “walker” icon
- Try wayfinding!