- Version 3.4.0 -November 28,2023
- Version 3.3.0 -November 06,2023
- Version 3.2.3 -October 27,2023
- Version 3.2.2 - October 19, 2023 [Stable]
- Version 3.2.1 - October 18, 2023
- Version 3.2.0 - October 11, 2023
- Version 3.1.0 - September 29, 2023
- Version 3.0.3 -September 21,2023
- Version 3.0.2 -September 06,2023
- Version 3.0.0 - August 23,2023
Version 3.4.0 -November 28,2023 #
- This version of the sdk allows the usage of the new map viewer component in conjunction with the old user/password authentication. The recommended default authentication is based on email/apikey though, old apps can still is different auth method while using new map components.
- Updated rtls version to 2.53.4. Improved the behavior of route adjustment when the RouteAdjustment.useRouteAdjustment parameter is activated. The position adjustment is now decoupled from the orientation adjustment. If the distance from the calculated pose to the route is less than RouteAdjustment.distanceThreshold, the position will always be projected onto the route. The orientation will only be forced to align with the route direction if the position is projected onto the route and the difference between the bearing and the route direction is less than RouteAdjustment.angleDifferenceThreshold.
- Now the new map viewer component includes an additional parameter that can be established in order to remotely configure all map settings. For now, you need to contact Situm to obtain yours. This parameter is named remoteIdentifier and can be used on the class SITMapViewConfiguration.
Version 3.3.0 -November 06,2023 #
- Added the properties categoryIdentifiers and categories to SITPOI. Now a POI can have several categories associated with it.
- Changed the default value of SITCommunicationManager.cacheMaxAge. Before it wast set to 24 hours (86400 seconds) now it is set to 1 hour(3600 seconds)
- Improved the time to obtain the first location after calling requestLocationUpdates from SITLocationManager.
- Deprecated the fields createdAt and updatedAt from SITPOI. From now on, they will be empty in the objects retrieved from SITComunicationManager.
- This release improves positioning performance when starting to follow a route. With this, the Map Viewer is able to adjust the location & orientation to the route smoothly. The routeAdjustement feature that was broken from release 3.2.0. You can learn how to configure how the position is adjusted to the route from here.
Version 3.2.3 -October 27,2023 #
- From iOS Version 3.2.3 and Android version 3.5.1 routes behave the same on both platforms.
Version 3.2.2 – October 19, 2023 [Stable] #
- Support for Polish language.
Version 3.2.1 – October 18, 2023 #
- Fixed a bug that caused the positioning system to not use the appropriate parameters (route adjustment) when using Remote Configuration.
Version 3.2.0 – October 11, 2023 #
- We are pleased to announce that we have drastically improved route calculation algorithm for significantly enhanced performance. No action required from integrators as all enhancements have been seamlessly implemented internally.
Version 3.1.0 – September 29, 2023 #
- This version of the SDK adds a configuration so the positioning system gets help from the route the user is navigating. The adjustment can be in both distance and orientation. As always in order to configure this option you can either use hardcoded values on your LocationRequest variable (routeAdjustment) or change them through our Remote Configuration panel.
- Added method navigationManager:didStartOnRoute on SITNavigationDelegate protocol to notify the begining of a navigation
- Added method navigationManager:didCancelOnRoute on SITNavigationDelegate protocol to notify the cancellation of a navigation.
- Added support to have multiple listeners for navigation events in SITNavigationManager `addDelegate:` allows to pass a delegate to start receiving notifications about navigation events;`removeDelegate:` allows to remove a previously added delegate to stop receiving notifications about navigation events
- All methods of SITNavigationDelegate protocol have been made optional now.
- Now, if during a Navigation the user reach the destination, (navigationManager:destinationReachedOnRoute:) the navigation updates are removed. Previously navigation updates have to been removed by you.
- Deprecate `SITNavigationManager.delegate` in favour of the new methods `addDelegate` and `removeDelegate`.
- Fixed a bug on the navigation when the user starts it from the SITMapView
Version 3.0.3 -September 21,2023 #
- Improved navigation performance in large buildings.
Version 3.0.2 -September 06,2023 #
- This version fixed a bug that prevented the location system to detect the correct building when using custom beacon identifiers.
Version 3.0.0 – August 23,2023 #
Introducing the new Situm SDK 3.0.
We are thrilled to announce the release of Situm SDK 3.0, which implies a significant architectural change in our SDK. With this update, we have integrated the previous UI standalone solution Wayfinding library directly into the SDK. This integration aims to streamline the development process and provide a more cohesive and comprehensive solution.
Furthermore we have introduced a remarkable evolution and improvement upon the Wayfinding library with the addition of the MapView component, powered by the new Situm Map Viewer. We’ve been listening to our customers’ feedback, and we have incorporated a wide range of enhancements based on your valuable input. Checkout the Situm page for further details.
As this library includes significant changes, compatibility with previous versions has been broken. We understand that transitioning to a new library may require some adjustments. To facilitate a smooth migration process, we have prepared comprehensive documentation:
- Migration guide.
We are incredibly grateful for your continued support and trust in our library. Situm SDK 3.0 represents our commitment to empowering developers with the most advanced tools and ensuring a brighter future for your software development endeavors.
Thank you for being part of this exciting journey with us!
- The new Situm SDK 3.0 introduces a new visual component, SITMapView to provide interactive maps within your application. The MapView allows you to show indoor maps of your buildings on your app! It is a fully interactive Android View with improved capabilities:
- Intuitive Guidance with Dynamic and Static Navigation.
- Advanced POI Display Based on Zoom Level and Density.
- “What’s Nearby” Exploration Made Easy with Category & Subcategory Filtering, and POI search.
- POI information visualization.
- Tailored User Experience with High Configurability.
- Out of the box support for raster floorplans, raster tiles and GeoJSON/IMDF floorplans.
- Multilingual Interface.
- This new version lays the foundation for future improvements, specifically enabling full 3D maps and even augmented reality capabilities.
- Introduced SITMapViewController, a class that acts as a controller for SITMapView and manages user interactions and map data.
- The minimun iOS supported version has being increaded to ios 11, as the market share of previous versions is very small. As of May 21st, 2023 the 94% of the iPhone users were on IOS 16 or IOS 15 (https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store/). With this change the latest unsupported device will be iPhone 5C(2013) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history).
Migration from SDK 2.X to SDK 3.X
In order to upgrade the Situm SDK for iOS from any version 2 to the upcoming version 3 you need to focus on the following steps:
- There is no need to include Bluetooth permission anymore, so you can delete it from the main .plist file. Neither Privacy – Bluetooth Always Usage Description nor Privacy – Bluetooth Peripheral Usage Description permissions are needed now.
- There is a new dependency that needs to be added, WebKit.framework. As a developer you can do this on the Link Binaries with Library section of your Build Phase setting panel of your application.
And that’s it. The rest of the steps are the same as before. SDK versions are basically compatible, which means that previous classes will continue to work but you should expect more features regarding maps.