Situm is an indoor and outdoor positioning platform that makes easy to introduce wayfinding & tracking applications in your business. To get it up and running is really simple. A brief step-by-step explanation can be found below:
Register and create your building #
- Create an account in Situm Dashboard. More info here.
- Create a building in your account.
- Upload the floorplans of your building in PNG format.
- Recommended format: PNG or JPG by default. We also support raster tiles, vector maps and 3D geojson with IMDF format. If you are interested in these formats please contact email@example.com.
- Max resolution is 4096×4096 pixels.
- Different floors should be of same sized and properly aligned (e.g. building outer walls should be in the same relative position across floors). More info.
Calibrate your building #
In order to deploy Situm technology, you will calibrate the building: this consists on recording the WiFi / BLE signals that Situm needs to operate. For the sake of simplicity, we assume that you will try out only Android and WiFi positioning.
- Download Situm Mapping Tool for Android.
- Android and IOS devices limit WiFi scanning, but on Android it can be removed. Look for the Wifi-Throttling section on your model in the following guide.
- Make sure you record at least WiFi.
- Go to the Calibration screen.
- Calibrate all the areas where you want positioning to work. Make sure to:
- Pinpoint where you are from time to time: at least in every turn, every recognizable point, every few dozen meters.
- Don’t run!
- More tips here.
Try out indoor positioning #
Now, you may try how indoor positioning works in your building.
- Go to the Settings/Positioning menu (1) and configure it as shown below (2).
- Go to the Positioning Screen, select your building and click on the Start Positioning button (3)
(Optional) Deploy beacons & re-calibrate #
Other than WiFi, Situm can use the signal of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices. This is required to try out Situm with iOS devices, or to enhance the experience in Android devices (e.g. areas with poor WiFi coverage).
If you want to test Situm with beacons: