After the public presentation last December, the SARATROF project has been officially launched, a technological innovation initiative of Gaiastech, the innovation space of the Xunta de Galicia.
This collaborative project is part of the Conecta Hubs 2021 program, funded by the Axencia Galega de Innovación (GAIN) and has the financial support of the European Union (co-financed by FEDER funds under the Feder Galicia 2014-2020 operational program). It also receives support from the Second Vice-Presidency and the Department of Economy, Business and Innovation of the Xunta de Galicia.
Saratrof, which will be executed between different technology companies until 2023, aims to create an analytical tool to characterise the performance of factories by considering the aggregate behaviour of robots, machines, IT systems and the workers themselves to increase the competitiveness of production.
Project goals and activities
This technological venture has two main targets on the horizon:
- Integration of different 4.0 tools through an interoperable meta-platform.
- Access (authentication/authorisation), storage and management of data.
- Obtaining insights and combined synergies.
- Normalisation and correlation.
- Advanced analytics and process optimisation.
To achieve them, we have defined several activities to work on by each of the participating companies, which will mark the project development:
- Design and development of an advanced analytics meta-platform for automated data processing of equipment, people and production processes in an industrial manufacturing plant.
- Designing an insights module for the immediate environment through data analysis that will lead to a qualitative leap in the workers’ competitivity.
- Generation of insights from geospatial information on the mobility of mobile assets (workers, robots or vehicles), such as heat maps, advanced geospatial analytics, or analysis in plant or by floor areas.
- Generation of insights on the productivity of robots and industrial machinery and their interaction with manufacturing processes.
- Generation of knowledge on the application of 4.0 data analysis technologies based on Artificial Intelligence to production processes.
The five participating companies join forces to make an impact on the industry 4.0 sector
In addition to Situm, SARATROF is also integrated by Ednon, Ancora, Ledisson and BETA Implants, to join forces and contribute, each in their field of specialisation, to the points described above:
Connected and upgraded worker.
Work efficiency concerning the environment.
Sensory fusion and artificial intelligence to obtain geospatial information.
Operational efficiency of robots through AI techniques.
Meta-platform design and implementation.
Cross-platform performance insights.
- Beta Implants
Facilities for the use case and testing of the application of the technologies.
The review of the state of the art indicates that this type of aggregation is entirely new, and the partnership will attempt to validate its real value through experiments deployed in a pilot.
Finally, different global aspects will be impacted by this project:
- Industry 4.0 driving force project.
- Boosting the biotechnology sector.
- Development of Galician technology for Industry 4.0.
- Positioning of Galician industry at the forefront of Industry 4.0.
- Promote an industrial model based on competitiveness and knowledge (RIS3 Galicia).