It couldn’t be any other way. In the current situation, a company like Situm, which has been working on its indoor positioning system for many years, has looked for the best way to contribute to mitigate the effects of Covid 19. First during moments of maximum health emergency, and now, looking for the best way to manage the return to the “new normal”. Senén Barro explains how the Situm Covid 19 application works.
Several media have reported on our mobile application Situm Covid 19. Senén Barro, winner of the National Computer Science Prize 2020 awarded by the Scientific Computer Society of Spain and the BBVA Foundation, summarizes in this interview some of the functions and applications of this solution in a time to reinvent the use of space. An indoor monitoring and guidance system such as Situm can contribute when the health and safety of everyone depends on two fundamental pillars:
- Maintaining interpersonal safety distance.
- Controlling the capacity of the facilities.
Artificial intelligence to use indoor spaces
According to the latest information, the risk of infection outdoors seems to be quite low, but the greatest risk is when we are in closed spaces with a high number of people. In order to control it, confinement arrived, and we went from spending 90% of our time in these interiors to emptying all these places and avoiding contact with others.
But now it is time to return to the activity, that which has been called “new normality”, and to do it in a responsible way it is necessary to implement new measures. Therefore, the return to offices, industries or commercial spaces makes this systematic control of space use essential. We will have to learn to move in a different way, taking the necessary measures to keep ourselves safe from contagion.
It sounds simple, but it is a real challenge for companies, facilities managers and the general public. To maintain an analytical attitude about how we move constantly can be very complicated. That is why we have developed an application that readapts our own technology that has been helping companies all over the world in the management and use of space (industries, shopping centres, airports, hotels, hospitals, security companies…) for many years.
Senén Barro summarizes the benefits of our mobile app for companies that have to manage a high number of people in indoor spaces. In general terms, Situm’s indoor navigation and monitoring system allows:
- Facilitate compliance with interpersonal distance at all times. In the case of not respecting it, an alarm warns of the noncompliance.
- Manage in real time the specific capacity of each space (meeting rooms, common areas …) to make proper use of them and without risk.
- To have a “traceability” of the personnel in case there is a suspicion of infection. All data collected by Situm Covid 19 is recorded, so it is easy to know who has been in contact with and in what places.
- Keep a detailed and automatic report of disinfection work or new cleaning routines. In this way, compliance with internal regulations is recorded.
If you are interested in implementing Situm Covid-19, do not hesitate to contact us using the following form.