Vehicle tracking has been one of the pillars of logistics for several years. However, the use of GPS is not valid inside large factories. What are the alternatives to increase competitiveness in these cases? We’ll tell you about them.
The use of a solution that works like a GPS inside factories is already possible. Situm MRM locates people and mobile assets indoors with maximum precision, minimum infrastructure and immediate deployment.
Built on Situm’s indoor positioning platform, this solution allows
- Manage the internal cartography of the factory.
- Monitor the forklifts to know where each one of them is in real time.
- Easily locate both employees and vehicles like forklifts.
- It is also possible to obtain reports of the time used for each process and even know more specific details of the route of each truck, employee, order or similar.
Process optimization is the direct consequence of the application of this technology that is destined to revolutionize indoor logistics. Thus, from a simple control panel we can check the real-time performance of each department and, most importantly, overcome the barriers that satellite geolocation has when operating indoors.
Is this technology adapted to any type of factory?
Yes, and in addition it is not necessary to make any type of internal remodeling, since it works with the WiFi that the company has installed.
What are the consequences of the application of this internal logistics technology?
There are many, and all of them are positive. The most important ones are listed below:
- Make the most of each route taken by a forklift truck to load as much merchandise as possible; this shortens the handling process.
- Obtain an effective guide to remodel the distribution of the factory, which improves accessibility and speed in the processes.
- Increase adaptability and competitiveness easily by serving customers in record time, thus increasing their loyalty and improving the company’s marketing.
. If you already trust in vehicle tracking when driving on the road, applying this new feature inside your factory will help you to achieve your goals in less time and, above all, to modernize your internal logistics with a minimum investment that will expandyour capacity to generate more profits.