The Saudi Motorsport Company (SMC) has engaged Situm as a supplier to implement a guidance function in its official app for the Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2023, which will take place next March at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit.
The Saudi Motorsport Company is Saudi Arabia’s first public body dedicated to commercializing motorsport on a national scale, created to bring together all of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s motorsport events which includes not only Formula 1 but also the famous Dakar Rally and Extreme E.
Officially the longest and fastest Formula 1 street circuit in the world, the Jeddah Corniche has set a benchmark for all new F1 courses to follow since its debut in 2021.
Following a successful trial in 2022, the organization has decided to add indoor geolocation and a navigation feature to its app to help improve the experience for thousands of spectators.
Guidance and information resources through indoor and outdoor geolocation
Featuring more than 6km of track and 27 turns, the Jeddah Corniche Circuit – located right on the Red Sea coast – will become the centre of international motorsport on the weekend of 17-19 March 2023 when Formula Q arrives for the second race in the 2023 F1 season. With over 140,00 fans attending the first two races, the third edition in March 2023, will further consolidate the Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix’s position as one of the year’s major global sporting highlights.
The official Saudi Motorsport Company app aims to help attendees make the most of their experience when visiting the Jeddah Corniche Circuit. The implementation of a guide function by Situm, both within the venue’s main buildings and its outdoor areas, makes this app an essential tool which will allow fans to:
- View the complete map of the venue with a directory of relevant points of interest, from general information services to leisure attractions, restaurants, transport, etc.
- Obtain a step-by-step direction guide to find any chosen venue destination on the map.
- Estimate how long it takes to get between the two points within the circuit complex.
Beyond the geolocation-based elements, the app will also include other relevant options further to enhance your Grand Prix experience, such as:
- Race schedules, event schedules, and information on other interesting happenings during the Grand Prix weekend.
- Relevant information about the surrounding area for anyone keen to indulge in a spot of tourism.
- Wallet and transport resources.
So, get ready, download the F1 SAGP 2023 app supported by Situm and enjoy the best of motorsport and indoor and outdoor geolocation technology, together in one place for an unforgettable user experience during a weekend of speed and excitement in Saudi Arabia.