The official app for the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2022 had a guidance option for attendees of this major motorsport event, which took place from 18 to 20 November at the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates). Powered with Situm’s navigation feature and wayfinding solution, the app offered an unparalleled experience at this international sporting event.
The best technology for visitors of a modern and innovative circuit
This huge circuit was built in 2009 on Yas Island (Abu Dhabi) and includes not only the tracks and racing areas but also a large complex consisting of a theme park, marina, water park, hotels, and other exclusive areas for attendees. With 16 turns, a length of 5281km, and a capacity for 60,000 spectators, it is also a circuit that has innovated its layout, safety, and technological measures.
Considering the size of this space, and the multiple interesting options for those attending this GP, it was essential to integrate a feature in the official app that would help them to move around in a simple and interactive way and make their experience much more enjoyable.
Precise positioning and smooth indoor/outdoor navigation
- View the entire area and points of interest on an interactive map.
- Locate yourself automatically.
- Select destinations according to different categories: food and drink, recreational areas, stages, fan zones, transport, exits and entrances, etc.
- Get step-by-step instructions to the destination and estimated time of arrival.
Easy and simple integration of indoor navigation into the app
The use of Situm has undoubtedly been an advantage to integrating this solution in an app that, besides the location and guidance, offers many more benefits to those attending the Grand Prix:
- Schedules of the different events and their location.
- List of entertainment options and the possibility of buying tickets to them.
- Directory of restaurants and bars.
- Tourist information.
- Technical information about the race, the participants, and their teams.
- Ticket purchase and wallet within the application itself.
This app was ideal for the GP that closed the F1 season and allowed attendees to enjoy the race and take advantage of all the possibilities offered by the Yas Marina Circuit.