The guests’ feedback to the new Oasis Hotels & Resorts app has been very positive, particularly highlighting the comfort and usability of this tool. Its intuitive design and broad functionality cover both information and guidance needs in this leading resort in Cancun.
The luxury hotel and resort chain Oasis Hotels & Resorts, in the Mexican Caribbean, consists of large complexes that include not only their hotels but also large outdoor and indoor areas. Beaches, swimming pools, bars and restaurants, nightclubs and entertainment venues, convention halls, or children’s areas are some of the spaces to enjoy when staying with Oasis. In other words it is not only a stay, but a whole vacation experience with a wide range of leisure, cultural, and sports activities along 150,000m2 around the iconic pyramid.
This huge offer of spaces, services, and activities meant that guests had to invest time upon arrival consulting maps, directions, or even asking hotel staff. The solution came through enrichining the hotel’s app with an indoor navigation functionality. In other words, guests can now easily move around the facilities from the get-go.
Indoor navigation for hotels with Situm’s indoor positioning technology
The selection of Situm as the indoor positioning service provider was made based on the many advantages provided:
- An indoor positioning system with high precision, minimal infrastructure and fast deployment.
- Quick and easy indoor navigation integration in the app thanks to a platform with all the necessary tools.
- A customer support service that will help the client throughout all stages of the project.
Situm’s location and navigation system was deployed in less than a week. It only required the placement of a few beacons as a dedicated infrastructure, mainly to provide iPhone users full access to the wayfinding service.
- Make reservations in the different hotel facilities, spas, etc.
- Access to special and personalized services.
- Look up or request room service, tours, and transportation.
Guests who have already used this application specially value this tool’s convenience and usability. Its intuitive design and extensive functionality (both in closed and open spaces) mean that it fully covers the needs of both information and orientation.
Moreover, the company praises the new options as a chance to be able to attend to its visitors at all times and in the most personalized way possible:
“Thanks to Situm’s seamless integration,” says Jesús Prieto, Digital Device Manager for the hotel chain, “guests just have to download one app. There they can already find the hotel map as well as receive a step-by-step guide to the desired location. They simply have to look for the place they want to go to, and they will receive that step-by-step guide. This is making it much easier for the guest to find the desired place and, above all, to get there by taking the optimal route”.
The key: real-time indoor navigation
Indoor navigation has become the app’s highlight thanks to its multiple functionalities:
- Automatic user location detection: the app automatically detects the user’s location , so they do not have to specify a starting point.
- Indoor-Outdoor Guidance: step-by-step directions to any destination defined by the user on the map, both indoors and outdoors.
- Adapted paths for people with reduced mobility: the system also provides the most suitable routes for people with reduced mobility.
- Information about points of interest: restaurants, sports facilities, swimming pools, meeting rooms, … All the information about all the facilities is accessible from a single map.
- Geolocalized promotions: the system allows for the creation of personalized geo-notifications. Visitors receive information and offers that best fit their profiles (family, couples, business trip, …) in the right place and at the right time to increase satisfaction during their stay.
Visitors from all over the world are already enjoying their holidays at Cancun’s most extensive and recognizable resort thanks to the advantages that Situm’s location technology brings to the palm of their hand.
If you want to learn more about indoor navigation for hotels, do not hesitate to contact us.