The step-by-step indoor navigation from anywhere to one point of interest, as well as other geolocation-based functions, mean a great leap forward in the digitalization of Marineda City and its consolidation as an intelligent building. This new app with indoor positioning features improves accessibility and the experience of all visitors to this retail leader.
The figures that encapsulate the Marineda City shopping centre are always huge, by any standards. Its more than 190 restaurants and leisure establishments, with cinemas, a hotel, a business centre, and even a karting track, are distributed throughout more than 400,000 square meters, including a parking lot with 5,675 parking spaces. It is the second-largest shopping complex in Spain and one of the references in Europe for the new generation of shopping centres. Every year, more than 1.8 million visitors come to the mall.
A new APP with indoor positioning
To extend this leadership to the digital area, Marineda City began an ambitious process to improve customers experience in their relationship with the centre, not only before and after their visits but especially during them.
The app’s launch was one of its key milestones. Given the colossal size of the mall, indoor positioning is the cornerstone of many of the new features in retail.
Marineda City relied on Situm as a provider of indoor positioning technology on which to develop the new app’s guidance and geomarketing functionalities due to its technological advantages, solutions, and service:
- A robust indoor positioning system able to provide the highest accuracy with minimal infrastructure.
- iOS, Android, and Cordova compatible programming kits to easily integrate guidance functionality into apps.
- Personalized support during all the stages of the process.
A more attractive app for the user thanks to indoor navigation
The integration of Situm’s technology allowed us to enrich the Marineda app with multiple geolocation-based functionalities:
- Automatic detection of the user’s location.
- Step-by-step guidance through the stores and services of the shopping centre.
- Adapted routes for people with reduced mobility.
- Location of the events included in your calendar.
- Recording and guidance to the occupied parking space.
- Promotions by geolocation through the Check-In function.
Digitalization for your space
If you are interested in finding out how our indoor positioning solutions for visitor guidance and geolocation-based employee management can improve customer experience and optimize services and work processes in retail, please do not hesitate to contact us.