The expansion of Aena’s new guidance tool for its airports continues. This month it was the turn of Palma de Mallorca International Airport, joining the list of airports included in the app where indoor guidance and navigation is already available: Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat, Alicante-Elche Miguel Hernández and Málaga-Costa del Sol.
Plan your trip with Aena: guidance through the airport, waiting times and more
Guidance through Aena’s airports is part of the digitalization strategy developed in collaboration with Telefónica, Carto DB and the Situm IPS indoor location platform. The goal: to support passengers throughout their journey, from the moment they leave home until they are on their flight.
With 29 million passengers a year, Palma de Mallorca Airport is the third most important airport in Spain, with mainly international traffic due to the island’s tourist attraction.
- Locating the passenger on the map and moving around the map to search.
- Guidance to a specific point in the airport and estimation of the time and distance it will take to get there.
- Real waiting times at security checkpoints.
- Services and points of interest in the facilities: boarding gates, stores, restaurants, toilets…
- Accessible routes for travellers with reduced mobility.
Although navigation and guidance options will be expanded in the future to include outdoor and walk-through arrival options, the project will continue to grow and include more airports in the near future.